This is the youngest of all Departments, established only in 1994 with an intake capacity of 30 students. Still it is the first of its kind in any Government Polytechnic in North Bengal.
With electronics becoming the buzzword of the modern society, the demand for this branch of Engineering forced the authority to increase the capacity to 60. Electronics is, needless to say, most sought after branch of engineering today among the students. The passed out students from this Institute was absorbed by reputed concerns almost immediately. Those who opt for higher study sat for GLAT and also succeeded with flying colors. Many of our students have completed Bachelor Degree in Electronics Engineering admitted through GLAT and many more are still studying at that level.
The Department has the following Laboratories functioning under its control:
1. Analog, Network Analysis Electronics Measurement Laboratory.
2. Industrial Electronics Laboratory.
3. Consumer Electronics (Audio, B/W & Color TV) Laboratory.
4. Microprocessor (8085, 8086 and microcontroller-8051) Laboratory.
5. Digital Electronics Laboratory.
6. Communication Engineering (microwave, data communication, antenna, analog and digital modulation system) Laboratory.
Beside the Laboratories, this Department has a Electronics Workshop to provide the 1st year students a practice on soldering and P.C.B. design.